by Tiffany Fulcher | Featured Contributor
I was thumbing through twitter recently when I saw the picture above with a short link to Instagram. I followed and the photo I found was quite pleasing.
It wasn’t just the beauty of the picture that drew me in, what really drew me was the fact that the Ivanka Trump was holding her baby, heir to the Trump fortune, just like well… I would. As a mother, I was instantly connected to her on a deeper level. I felt as if we could meet for a playdate or have coffee and chat about the kids. That photo led me to her brand, her business and within moments I was sitting there with credit card in hand ready to make a hefty purchase from the Ivanka Trump collection. Somehow seeing her cradle her baby in her arms made me feel for just a moment as if we were somehow connected in the tribe of motherhood.
Are you connecting with your clients on this level? Do you know how to speak emotionally and relationally to your clients without trying to close the sale? Here are some great ways to connect with your clients on a deeper level and turn that connection into profits.
1. Social Media – This is key! There are so many ways to connect with clients via social media, new technologies like Snapchat and Hang With give you real time mini-marketing opportunities that can create impactful connection outside of the traditional sales environment. Instagram is another great way to connect with your clients in real time via photos. These micro life updates helps to personalize your company and brand.
2. Email Marketing– Everyday or every other day I receive an email from a ton of marketers. Most of whom I have subscribed to. There are times when this is totally annoying, but other times it’s extremely helpful. When a client goes looking for you, you should be found. Find your way into your clients inboxes on a regular basis. Don’t always use this an opportunity to sell but rather, give free resources, product offerings, or discounted services offer some inspiration or ask some questions about quality. Either way this is a great way to build brand loyalty and email expectation.
3. Create an Impact – Connect your company to something deeper than yourself. Clients love to be apart of the bigger picture and are far more likely to purchase product that is environmentally friendly, has a portion of the proceeds donated for a worthy cause, or can give in a way that is beneficial to others. If you are in a particular niche market find a non-profit or company to connect with and create a larger impact in the hearts of your customers and the lives of other people.
4. Survey- Understand the needs, wants, desires of your clients by offering surveys or focus groups. This will allow you to see their needs and fulfill them. There are so many product and service offerings today but if you feel confident that your needs are being heard and met, you are likely to remain with the brand. Think about your favorite store, restaurant, and why. Do this for your clients. Everyone just wants to be heard, be a company with a listening ear and open heart.
5. Be Personable– Offer up personality in your company and brand. I love it when I go to a restaurant and the management staff comes by the table to make jokes or talk with our kids. Building personality into your brand makes you engaging which in turn makes for an easier sell. Consider the Disney brand, there is so much personality but you always want to go there right! Big personality is no longer reserved for entertainment and media. In today’s market businesses are having to build personality into their sales and marketing models as well.
These are just a few ways to help build your client base through deeper connections. The impact you have on your clients typically leads to a greater impact in the form of profits. When you fail to consider them, they fail to consider you. Implementing these small, practical steps can lead to sustainable growth, client loyalty, and an attractive brand.
Tiffany Fulcher – Life Purpose Architect
Tiffany Fulcher is an entrepreneur, speaker, and life purpose architect tm boldly encouraging women to live their lives by God’s design. She provides inspiration and motivation through Tiffany Fulcher llc a personal and professional development company. Her practical yet strategic approach helps women to overcome obstacles and pursue limitless possibilities.
She compels others to walk in their authority, embrace their extraordinary, and to own their influence. Through her development and leadership training Tiffany equips her clients with the tools to help them define their purpose, set goals, and confront challenges that keep them from pursuing the enriching life God has planned for them.
Tiffany also owns Education Outsource, which serves to teach and train educators, schools, and organizations on the rising trends in education technology and how to implement these trends in effectively in the school and organizational environment.
Always considering matters of the heart, Education Outsource also provides teachers and administrators with leadership and personal development training encompassed around the educator influence.
As a writer and media personality Tiffany has been featured on ABC’s affiliate Good Morning Texas as an expert and blogger, Essence Magazine online, The Fort Worth Star Telegram and countless other news and media outlets.
Tiffany’s heartbeat and passion is her family. She simply adores her husband of 11 years, Fred and 3 kiddos, Symone 3, Trey 6, and Sydnei 9.