As we enter 2013 are you looking to make drastic changes that will improve your life and your business? When you implement new health habits this makes you feel better and ultimately increases your business productivity. Here are five great health habits to adopt in the coming year for a happier, healthier, and more successful life. Remember, healthy women create healthy businesses.
1. Reduce stress. Stress affects our health in a very negative way. It affects our immune system. It affects our ability to sleep and to digest our food properly. If you’re looking for one thing you can do better for yourself and your business this year, it would be to find methods of reducing stress. This can mean hiring a Virtual Assistant, delegating more, and or getting more organized. Take out time for self care. Get a massage, sit in a park and read a book. Whatever you need to do to reduce stress, go do it…NOW!
2. Drink more water. Not just because water is good for you but because when you drink more water you stop drinking soda or other sugary drinks. If you are always on the go, speaking, writing, coaching and selling, water gives your body an internal shower and is the best way to hydrate yourself, especially when you have a busy schedule. Water can combat constipation, headaches, low energy, joint pain and more. Remember, healthy and proper brain function is majorly important especially when you are running a business. Aim to consume at least 1/2 of your total body weight in ounces. Example? If you weigh 150 pounds. Divide 150 by half, (75) and there you have the number of ounces you should aim to drink daily. Make water your drink of choice as it truly is “the beverage of champions.”
3. Eat more fruits and veggies. It goes without saying that eating your fruits and veggies is good for your health. Start by adding one extra serving of fruits and veggies to your day, slowing increasing the amounts and you will begin living a healthier life. What’s the perfect way to eat more vegetables? Start with a green smoothie. Green smoothies taste great and they are a convenient, no fuss way to get more leafy greens into the diet. Learn more about green smoothies here
4. Eliminate Caffeine. While we live in the age of Starbucks and energy drinks caffeine leaches vital minerals from the body such as calcium and interferes with iron absorption. Caffeine also elevates your blood sugar, increases your blood pressure and heightens symptoms of PMS. As female entrepreneurs, we are busy and the need for more energy goes without saying, however the negative effects of caffeine on our daily lives are not beneficial in the grand scheme of our health or business profile. Caffeine is incredibly damaging and addictive. Kicking the caffeine habit can be difficult but not impossible.
5. Eat less sugar. Sugar is highly addictive and causes a rapid rise in blood sugar and a general feeling of well being. It also causes a rapid drop in blood sugar and a feeling of no energy. When this happens, you eat more sugar and the cycle repeats itself. This roller coaster of sugar highs and lows wreaks havoc on your body. Sugar contains zero nutrients or fiber. Because it is high in calories, it will crowd more nutritious foods out of your diet and contribute to weight gain. If you are struggling with a sugar addiction and are finding it hard to stop, try swapping out your usual sugar snack with a piece of fruit or a fruit smoothie. The fiber in the fruit will slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream and provide you with vitamins and minerals that you need.
April Chapman The Business Health Coach helps female entrepreneurs release stubborn weight, gain energy and live incredible victorious lives-moving them from sick to sensational with safe and effective detox and whole food cleansing regimens. Get her FREE audio download The Female Entrepreneurs Secret to Permanent Weight Loss at www.bizhealthcoach.com
She Owns It accepts guest post submissions at https://sheownsit.com//guest-post-submissions/. If you have an article that would be of value to our community, please submit for approval.
All posts will be screened, links checked (limited to 3 and must be relevant), and author must be verifiable through a website and social media accounts.