by Melodye Hunter| Featured Contributor
Start by focusing on the problem you are trying to solve and really get inside your potentials client’s head. Imagine what information they need before they are ready to purchase from you.
Start with answering the basics: who, what, where, when, why, how and how much. Then use the checklist below to cover your bases.
1. Address the pains. Let prospects know you understand their problems and you have created a service to solve their problem.
2. List the benefits. Benefits are the deeper reason people buy. You may have heard sell the hole, not the drill. That means what people really want is the hole, the drill is just the means to get it. When you talk benefits show prospects what they’ll really get when they purchase from you.
3. Show your credibility. People want to buy from experts so be sure to share evidence of your ability to solve their problems, by listing your credentials, awards and affiliations.
4. Prove their investment. Make sure prospects know what they are purchasing from you is an investment not a fee. Point out what their return will be.
5. Craft an incentive. Give people a reason to act now. Think about what complementary bonus you can add to sweeten the pot and entice your prospect to take action now.
6. Provide testimonials. Use the full name, picture and website address, if available, of your happy clients to build your reputation with prospects who aren’t familiar to you.
7. Tell your story. By telling your story you make a personal connection with prospects. Don’t be afraid to share your struggle and challenges that’s where people will really relate to you.
8. Guarantee their satisfaction. Some people need to know that if things do not work out they are protected. It also shows that you believe whole-heartedly in your product or service and will allows buyers to purchase without hesitation.
9. Package it pretty. The way you present your product or service speaks volumes to your potential clients. Use appealing graphics and polished formatting to present your offering in a professional light. Prospects will judge the quality of your offerings by the quality of your presentation.
Use these tips to quickly draft sales pages and product descriptions that sell for you.
Melodye Hunter is a seasoned website designer and online marketing strategist who empowers savvy entrepreneurs with the tools to stand out online and claim their expert status. Melodye is the author of the forthcoming book 3 Insider Secrets to a Website that Rocks and founder and chief creative officer of personal branding firm, Melodye Hunter Creative Media, where she creates stylish + strategic personal branding websites and online marketing plans for entrepreneurs. Every week Melodye publishes Be Savvy, a free online action guide teaching entrepreneurs how to build their brand with class and
Melissa Stewart is the founder of SheOwnsIt.com. She is a Purveyor of Possibility, Entrepreneur Advocate and Coffee Addict. She believes that behind every successful woman is her story. What’s your story?