by Erica Diamond
To get unstuck, you have to unlock your passion. Passionate people doing what they love are not stuck. So, to unlock your passion and get happy, here are some tips:
At the end of the day, for you to be successful at what you do, you have to have unlocked your passion. Because really, what is life without doing what you love? We all have responsibilities, and this goes with the territory of womanhood, motherhood and having a career. But to unlock your passion, and to dive into something just FOR YOU as a woman, it crucial. Every woman should unlock their passion, find a hobby and possibly even make it their career.
So, this is all sounds very exciting, but where do you begin?
- Spend some time alone. When the kids are off at school, or even on your lunch hour, think of how you can make the time for something you’re passionate about. Do you want to enroll in ballroom dance classes? Do you want to learn a new language? Is there something specific you want to do, or do you just want to live a more passionate existence? Brainstorm, and write it all down.
- If you know what your passion is, and it’s just a matter of making the time, and giving yourself the permission to do it, then great. But if you don’t know what your passion is, ask yourself: What motivates me? If I had all the money in the world, what would I do? What brings me the most joy in life? And finally, on a more serious note, if I was given six months to live, what would I want to do in that time? These will get your creative juices flowing.
- Give yourself the OK, to sit on it for a while if you don’t know. Unlocking your passion takes time. Reflect, think. If you already know what that passion is, and you just need the push or shove to do it, then HERE’S YOUR PUSH!! Go ahead and pick up the phone and REGISTER! No more sitting idle! But if you still don’t know after asking yourself those questions, you need the time to organize your thoughts. It will come. It takes a lot of soul searching. But remember, you’re worth it. You deserve to be a happy, passionate, fulfilled person.
- Intend on leaving your mark on this world. I illustrate this point in one of the chapters in my book. This means, go hard or go home. You’ve gotta put your all into whatever you do. Many of us women have infinite potential to make incredible changes in our world. It’s not just the Oprahs that are leaving their imprint. Once you unlock your passion, and go for it, why not go with the intention of making a real difference. I unlocked my passion for writing and the great desire to connect with women around the world. In the process, I am trying to make women reflect upon their own lives, and help them improve their own existence. I’m trying to make a place for myself and create change. You should too. We all have it in us to do this.
- And finally, last question, WHEN ARE YOU READY TO START?
Erica Diamond is an entrepreneur, author, blogger, and speaker.
Follow on Twitter: @WomenOnTheFence
Author of: The 99 Things Women Wish They Knew Before… Starting Their Own Business
She Owns It accepts guest post submissions at https://sheownsit.com/guest-post-submissions/. If you have an article that would be of value to our community, please submit for approval.
All posts will be screened, links checked (limited to 3 and must be relevant), and author must be verifiable through a website and social media accounts.