As CEO of MyCorporation Business Services, Inc. (MyCorporation.com), Deborah Sweeney is an advocate for protecting personal and business assets for business owners and entrepreneurs. With her experience in the fields of corporate and intellectual property law, Deborah has evolved from lawyer to business owner. She has extensive experience in the start-up and entrepreneurial industry as she has been involved in the formation of hundreds of thousands of businesses for MyCorporation.com’s customers.
Ms. Sweeney received her JD & MBA degrees from Pepperdine University. She is active in the community and loves working with students and aspiring entrepreneurs. She serves on the Board of Regents at California Lutheran University and is a founding member of Partners of Pepperdine. Deborah has served as an adjunct professor at the University of West Los Angeles and San Fernando School of Law in the areas of corporate and intellectual property law. Ms. Sweeney is also well-recognized for her written work online as a contributing writer with top business and entrepreneurial blogging sites. She is a regular contributor on Forbes, American Express, Social Media Today, and BlogHer among many others.
In her ‘free’ time, Deborah enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons, Benjamin (8) and Christopher (6). Deborah believes in the importance of family and credits the entrepreneurial business model for giving her the flexibility to enjoy both a career and motherhood. Follow her on Twitter @deborahsweeney and @mycorporation.
- How to Write a Business Plan by @DeborahSweeney
- 3 Ways Small Businesses Can Provide Comfort to Customers During COVID-19 by @DeborahSweeney
- 5 Women-Owned Small Businesses Pivoting to Provide COVID-19 Relief
- How to Transition From a Sole Proprietor to an LLC by @DeborahSweeney
- Which Entity Structure Should You Choose to Incorporate a Small Business? by @DeborahSweeney
- What Motivates Entrepreneurs to Start Small Businesses? by @DeborahSweeney
- How Entrepreneurs Can Lean Into Embracing Big Changes by @DeborahSweeney
- File This Paperwork to Prep Small Businesses for 2020 by @DeborahSweeney
- National Women’s Small Business Month: 3 Ways To Be a Better Leader by @DeborahSweeney
- 3 Questions Small Businesses Need To Ask Before Hiring Fall Interns by @DeborahSweeney
Melissa Stewart is the founder of SheOwnsIt.com. She is a Purveyor of Possibility, Entrepreneur Advocate and Coffee Addict. She believes that behind every successful woman is her story. What’s your story?