by Melissa Stewart
In this post I want to share my 5 favorite apps.
Note: At this time there is no official Instagram app, which is a bummer. I also went looking for RoadNinja when I got my phone set up (it’s great for road trips) but it’s only available for iOS & Android.
Twitter <-Of course!
If you know me, you know I’m a wee bit Twitter addicted so this one is a given!
Twitter is your global town square, a real-time connection to what’s happening in the world. Follow people you know and people you’d like to know. Search and discover. Browse and enjoy!
* See translations of foreign language Tweets to your preferred language
– Windows Phone 8 support: Faster loading and navigation
– Multishot camera: Take multiple snapshots without exiting the camera
– Slideshow: Swipe through a slideshow of all images attached to a note
– Speech to text: Transcribe your words and save the audio to the note
– Auto-title: Smart note titles based on note content, calendar events and location
Have I mentioned I like food?
Access the Urbanspoon database of over 800,000 restaurants to find the BEST restaurants in your city or while on the road. Search by cuisine type, price and what’s open to locate the best eats for every meal. Search for restaurants with tables available and make instantly confirmed reservations from your Windows Phone.
Discover the hottest restaurants, chef favorites and critic picks. Create your own My Urbanspoon profile and share your reviews, pictures, and city guides, and add restaurants to your wishlist.
– Tag without coverage, Shazam will match when you have a connection
– LyricPlay*: Watch, sing-along to real-time synced lyrics that scroll, jump, pop or slide as the music plays for tens of thousands of Shazam’s hottest tagged tracks
Shazam recognizes music and media playing around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly tag, and then explore, buy and share. Tagging is unlimited, so use Shazam as much as you
My GO TO for cloud storage and sharing!
Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Access any file you save to your Dropbox from all your computers!
• Access all your photos, docs and videos from any device.
• save photos.
Use Dropbox to save and share photos and videos in a snap or even take your work on the go.
So head on over to the Windows App Store and see what you can find!
Melissa Stewart is the founder of SheOwnsIt.com. She is a Purveyor of Possibility, Entrepreneur Advocate and Coffee Addict. She believes that behind every successful woman is her story. What’s your story?