by Tanea Smith
3 people who would love to get a handwritten note from you!
- Your Customers: As you know the customer is the heart & soul of any company. The courtship usually goes something like this:
- They hear about you
- They connect with you and your product in some way
- They get to know, like & trust you
- And before long you’ve made a sale and another and another.
And while there are competitors cropping up as I type your product has remained their favorite and they have continued to patronize your business. I’d say this is the perfect time to send an “I’m so grateful to have you” note to your diehard customers. It’ll capture their hearts in a way no utility bill ever could.
- Every member of your team: Remember when your uber successful business was just a blip on your Apple screen? There were times when your parents were petrified that if you blew it you just might have to cram into their attic and your Aunt Mablean kept you in her prayers no matter which religion she was practicing that week. But it was your team that stayed in the trenches with you because they They’ve been with you in storms, rainbows and experienced all the magic in between. Drop a “Couldn’t do this without you” note on each of their desks tomorrow. If folks start simultaneously bursting into tears you’ll know they got the memo.
- Your #1 Cheerleader: Being an entrepreneur can be a very lonely life. There will be exhilarating highs and incomprehensible lows. Some days you wont know if you’re in or out of the game and the “why” you were so sure of will become an increasingly defeaning WTF. Remember who talked you down when everything went North West, your biggest account dropped you & suddenly your parents attic began to seem like the perfect place to hide out with a 5th of Jack? Yep, your bestie, your ace, your most significant other. Oprah has Gayle, Lucy had Ethel, Kim K. & Beiber have Instagram and you have Phyllis. How many times has she thrown both caution & her diet to the wind, come over to your place with a fresh baked bread pudding, a Ray Charles greatest hits album and cried with you through a mess? And then gave unwaivering support as you set your sights on putting the pieces together again? Drop the lady a line. It’s well deserved.
About The Author:
As a teenager mother living on welfare back in 1994 Tanea Smith made a conscious decision that she would defy the odds and would not become a statistic. She began what has culminated into an 18 year career as an Executive Assistant on Wall Street in New York City. With the acknowledgment that gratitude & ambition can dwell in the same apartment she knew that despite having a “steady” job the click she felt in her spirit to do & be more was too strong to ignore. After the birth of her 2nd child in 2007 she used her creativity & life’s experiences and created a witty & empowering stationery collection, She’s Got Papers.
While the “papers’ are keeping America connected one handwritten note at a time, in 2013 she expanded her platform. As an Inspirational Business Speaker Tanea motivates, educates and frees other women in Corporate America who desire to start their own businesses on the side.
Tanea has been featured in Essence, More, About.com, American Express Forum & The Wendy Williams Show.
Tanea has spoken at St. John’s University, City College of New York, New York University. She has a PhD. in Thriving Despite The Odds. She is an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity.
Connect with her on Twitter @inspiredbysgp
See the stationery collection at: www.shesgotpapers.com
Get free launch while working tips at www.taneasmith.com
She Owns It accepts guest post submissions at https://sheownsit.com//guest-post-submissions/. If you have an article that would be of value to our community, please submit for approval.
All posts will be screened, links checked (limited to 3 and must be relevant), and author must be verifiable through a website and social media accounts.