How do you remain positive when it seems like success will NEVER happen?
by Shara Lawrence-Weiss
“Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.” -Vivian Komori
When getting ready to write this guest post, I called on my Facebook readers to ask a few questions: What do they want to know? What article topic would they find most helpful? This week we will answer the questions Mommy Perks readers asked.
Question: How do you remain positive when it seems like success will NEVER happen?
Answer: We all have downer days. This is completely normal. Some folks spend millions of dollars to get going and they see results pretty quickly. Others do their own marketing (like me) and results come more slowly, over time. I allow myself to have downer moments now and again: to cry a bit, to feel angry or stressed out, etc. However, I bounce back quickly and I never let a bad day keep me down. Once I get back up I go over, in my mind, the pros of owning my own business. I remind myself why I started a business (my books) in the first place and why I took over Mommy Perks. I own two businesses now and both of them offer me a creative outlet. I tell myself, “You do this because you love it and even the bad days teach you something good!” I learn from everything – good and bad. I love to learn so when I focus on the learning curve of running my own businesses, it’s not hard to move back into a positive place. I get back up, ready to fight!
Question: Can you offer some helpful resources for business planning, marketing, accounting and time management?
Yes! Here is a list of resources that may help!
- For business planning: How To Write A Business Plan
- Articles for work-at-home women: http://www.theworkathomewomn.com/
- Female Entrepreneur sites: Score.org – 26 Essential Sites for Women Business Owners
- Accounting: http://www.onlineaccountingdegree.com/top-100-accounting-advice-blogs/
- Time Management: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/time-management/wl00048 and http://imtjen.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/time-management-for-families/
- Paperwork tips: http://imtjen.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/paperwork-yuck/
Shara Lawrence-Weiss is the owner of 12 websites (shared with her husband) including Mommy Perks, Kids Perks, Early Childhood News and Resources, and Reliable Bloggers. She has a background in education, early childhood, nanny work, special needs, freelance and marketing.