by Cynthia Minnaar
You need to understand the SEO link building tips in this article if you want your website to rank highly on the search engines. You can build up a huge amount of long-term traffic when you do this correctly.
1. Let’s first explain what a link is? When you get your website URL on somebody else’s site this is known as a backlink to your site.
When determining the value of a site for their searchers Google really pays attention to backlinks. A backlink is really a vote of popularity for your website.
2. Start writing and submitting articles. It is not easy to think of a better way to get a lot of links than to do article marketing.
You are allowed to include a resource box and the end of every article you submit. This is a bit like a classified advert where you tell a little bit about yourself and your products.
If you include your website url and hyperlink it to a keyword phrase you will get a relevant backlink to your site. To increase your number of links just write and submit more articles to article directories.
3. Sign up and participate in discussion forums related to the niche of your site. When you are hanging out in discussion forums that get a lot of traffic these create high quality links.
The Warrior Forum, as an example, is the largest Internet marketing discussion forum in the world. When you create a signature file with your website url hyperlinked to a keyword phrase and make posts that will develop long term high quality back links.
4. Don’t forget to deep link to inner pages on your blog or website. One tip for taking a natural approach to link building is to link to web pages other than your home page.
Doing this appears more natural to the search engines. Also this is an excellent way to drive traffic to your web pages.
5. Set up a blog. Connect your blog to your site by placing a link to your blog on your website’s home page. Then add a link on your blog back to your home page as well as other web pages that you currently have.
The search engines will begin to spider blogs that are updated regularly. Also this is a good way to get them coming to your home page more often as well.
6. Start blog commenting. When you post comments on other people’s blogs this can be a good way to build links.
Include your primary keyword phrase in the name field rather than using your personal name. This SEO link building tip will help increase your keyword relevancy.
Link building can be done using a variety of online marketing strategies. It can be time consuming, but the long term results from using the above SEO link building tips make it well worth the effort.
Cynthia Minnaar is a full-time internet marketer and owner of http://www.cyns-home-biz.com. She invites you to visit her internet marketing training website for more link building tips. Click here: http://www.cyns-home-biz.com/Internet-Marketing-Training.html