by Jodi Robinson RD & Dr Lisa Adams ND | Featured Contributors
As a busy entrepreneur your days may often feel like they are over before they begin! This means having healthy snacks on hand is not always at the top of your priority list, despite your desire to fuel your frenzied workday.
Having quick access to quality snacks is a surefire strategy to boost your chances of healthy eating success during a busy workday. These ‘super-snacks’ provide high fiber carbohydrates and protein to give you energy that lasts! That being said, sometimes we all make less than optimal choices. For those of you who are also cookie monsters: A cookie, if it really is just one cookie, may be better than nothing at all when a snack attack hits. However, you need and deserve any advantage to continue being the kick-ass business women that you are!
In fact, we bet you that even if you’re a more particular eater you’ll find some new super snacks to love below:
- Hummus (chickpea spread) with raw veggies
- Try a new-to-you option like snow peas, radishes, and sliced zucchini
- For a sweet treat, try almonds + dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- Cottage Cheese & Salsa Chips
- Mix cottage cheese & salsa together as dip and pair with whole grain tortilla chips
- Edamame in the Pod flavoured with lime juice, coarse salt, and pepper
- Edamame is jam packed with fibre and protein making it an ideal solo snack
- Hardboiled egg sliced on whole grain crackers
- Homemade trail mix
- eg. pumpkin seeds, dried cherries or cranberries, sunflower seeds, golden raisins, macadamia nuts, chopped pecans
- Cereal Mix – mix together in a large bowl 2 cups each of 3 different whole grain cereals (e.g. mini wheats, oat bran squares, toasted o’s), ¼ cup raisins, ¼ cup dried cranberries, ½ cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc.). Spoon servings into individual baggies or small containers to avoid over-snacking right out of the bowl.
- Banana Roll ups
- Spread whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter. Roll banana in wrap. Cut vertically into bite-size pieces
- Fruit & cheese kabobs
- Skew chunks of pineapple, grape, and strawberries with marble cheese on kabob stick
- Yogurt Parfait
- Layer your favourite type of yogurt with fresh fruit and granola
- Banana Nut Smoothie
- Blend frozen banana chunks with nut butter and milk beverage of choice
- Avocado Smash – Using a ripe avocado, smash it on toast or crackers with a drizzle of lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Pitted Medjool dates stuffed with an almond
- A small bowl of whole grain cereal with blueberries and milk beverage of choice
- Nuts or Seeds & Fresh Fruit – Raw or roasted, nuts and seeds make a terrific grab-and-go snack combo
- Be sure to portion-control and keep it to a ¼ cup nut/seed serving
- Pair with a whole fruit like an apple, pear, peach, or small banana
What’s the Bottom Line?
Make a list of your top 5 snacks you’d like to try from our list and add the ingredients you need to your next grocery list.
Snack Hack: As soon as you get home from the grocery store, prepare whatever you can ahead of time (i.e. cut/wash veggies and fruit; put nuts/trail mix into individual portion controlled containers or baggies) and designate a “snack stash” space in your fridge and/or cupboard. Sound like too much work? No excuses ladies; you will find more and more prepackaged single serving options of hummus, guacamole, cheese, fruit/veggies, yogurt and more at your local grocer 🙂
We invite you to level up your lifestyle with these convenient, healthy, super-snacks without any disruption to your busy work days.
Want even MORE snacking ideas? ‘Download our free list ‘Top 10 Quick & Easy Creative Snack Ideas’.
Cheers to Snacking Success!
Fit & Fab Fempreneurs is a support hub created by Jodi & Lisa to support entrepreneurial women on their journey towards a healthier lifestyle. As a registered dietitian and naturopathic doctor, respectively, they have been challenged over many years in practice to balance running their businesses, striving for optimal health, and keeping their focus, fitness, and food in fabulous balance.
They love to empower and support other entrepreneurial women to bring more of themselves to their business by investing in their health, all while getting stuff done! Through creating simple, realistic, and sustainable health habits, women can discover healthy eating, better fitness, more energy, and achieve a healthy weight. They are passionate believers in self-care, self-love, grit and gratitude, and work hard to kick-to-the-curb cookie-cutter diet & fitness programs, food fads and guilt.
Are you looking for a supportive space to take a breath from your frantic and frenzied lifestyle?
Connect with Jodi Robinson RD & Dr Lisa Adams ND: Facebook | Instagram