by Monika Beck | Featured Contributor
Are you ever disappointed with the number of visitors your website gets?
With the right promotion tactics you will push your website ahead of your competition.
Here is what you must do:
STAY CONNECTED THROUGH EMAIL
Email marketing is still one of the most effective marketing tactics, yet most entrepreneurs ignore it or do it the wrong way. If you are not already – aggressively – collecting emails on your website try one of these tools: Hello Bar or PopUp Domination.
Here is how to do email marketing the right way:
- At least once a month you should email your list.
- Every time you send an email think value.
- You job is to sell 10 percent of the time and offer value 90 percent of the time.
- The less your email looks like a newsletter and the more it looks like a personal email the better.
TWEET THE SAME CONTENT MULTIPLE TIMES
It is not enough to tweet about a new blog post once. Your content lives. You have to keep pushing it out for the world to see it.
Here is how to tweet your content the right way:
- Tweet your content on the day it was published.
- Tweet the content a week later.
- Then, tweet your content at least four more times per year.
- Keep your content evergreen by updating it at least once a year. After you have updated it, tweet it out.
- Most of your tweets should be about providing value instead of selling.
- Use the appropriate hashtags #yourock
POST IN GOOGLE+ AND FACEBOOK
Always introduce your content with a one sentence summary. Get people interested, and ask people to “Please share” your content.
REACH OUT TO INFLUENCERS
If you don’t know any influencers in your industry, you haven’t done your homework. Make a list of blogs, organization, and websites of influencers. When you have some really awesome content reach out to them. Ask for their input on your content. Don’t be promotional. Try to build a relationship. Yes, it will take time, but it will make big difference. They might ignore you at first, but if you continue to create value you will get noticed.
Here is how to get the attention of influencers:
- Create list of influencers within your industry. Collect email, name, website URL, social media profiles.
- Make an effort to get to know them. If you just send them a broadcast email, they will ignore you. They get enough spam already.
- Read their blog posts, and comment on them. Engage.
- Connect with them through social media. Retweet their tweets.
- Email them – it is important to be more helpful and much less salesy. Send one-to-one emails with some really valuable information.
- Produce excellent work. Don’t waste their time with fluff.
- Don’t expect quick results. They don’t owe you anything. Stick with your plan even if it takes a while to get there.
CREATE A “TOP 50” LIST
Start by identifying the top 50 blogs, forums, and websites relevant to your niche. Design a badge. Reach out to the list of websites and let them know that they have been selected. When you email people give the the URL to your “TOP 50” post. Creating such lists is very helpful to network, recognize others, and get recognize. Create a new list every year and repeat the process.
photo credit: Business Woman
Savvy web designer with a twist – Monika Beck with Webene – San Diego, CA.
Monika Beck is passionate about website design, web programming, ecommerce, and building businesses. She is a serial entrepreneur and the cofounder of Success Harbor a website dedicated to help entrepreneurs succeed. Success Harbor interviews successful entrepreneurs and publishes topics relevant to business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. Monika started Success Harbor with her cofounder in order to ease the life of entrepreneurs through original research, tips and unique content. Monika is also cofounder of Webene, a website design and online marketing firm based in San Diego, CA. Webene specializes in mobile-friendly responsive websites built on the WordPress platform. Monika loves playing classical music on the piano.