by Toni Nelson | Featured Contributor
Around this time of year people start thinking and talking about their goals for the coming year. Where do they want to be? What do they want to accomplish?
I know I get my game plan for the year done by January and then throughout the year I make sure I am on tract tweaking along the way if necessary.
For many people the new year signals a new beginning.
Goal setting is critical for you getting what you want in your business and personal life.
Take a looking at what you’ve achieved so far and you’ll discover there was a plan for that to happen. In other words you had a goal.
Why do you think many people have a problem reaching their goals? Well, we are going to talk about 6 things you can do to reach your goals.
1. Clarity: There are so many shiny objects out there that can distract you so you need clarity. You may have vague ideas but if you don’t sit down and visualize where you are and where you want to be you will wind up spinning your wheels and get nothing accomplished. Once you have that clear vision in your mind it’s easier to formulate the concrete steps needed to get where you want to go.
2. Responsibility: You can’t say, “It’s all your fault”. When you set goals in essence you are making yourself responsible for the eventual outcome. You and only you can follow through to make it happen. Sure, there are people that blame outside influences for not attaining their goals but it really comes down to your attitude and you taking action. Sorry to burst your bubble but you can’t blame others for your failure to get what you want. You are the captain of your destiny not someone else.
3. Action: If you set a goal and have a concrete plan of action then you need to follow through. Just because you’ve written it down on paper doesn’t make it happen. You have to take steps even if they are small ones in order to reach your target goal. One way to make sure you attain your goals is to break them up into smaller steps. Take action every single day to reach your goals.
4. Motivation: In order to have motivation you have to have a goal otherwise how will you stay on target?
When you take action daily it will help you to stay motivated because you are moving forward. It’s always a good idea to evaluate how far you’ve come and know where you have to pick up the pace. For many people writing down their goals is a great motivator because they can visually see what they are striving for.
5. Focus: You are unlikely to achieve great things if you don’t have laser focus. Remember I talked about shiny objects? That can deter you from attaining your goals and cause you to loose focus. When you set goals and have the proper mindset it will be harder to distract you. You will know exactly where to put your time and energy each day in order to get things done.
6. One goal at a time: I see so many people ignore this piece of advice. They tend to have too many goals and in the end they can’t meet any of them. It leaves them wondering what went wrong.
Goal setting is important but there’s certainly a right and wrong way to go about it.
It’s something that you need to learn and practice.
Too many people jump into starting a business or making major changes in their lives before they set the proper goals. You know the old saying, “Rome wasn’t built in a day?” It’s true. You can’t allow yourself to run here and there without first stopping and finding out what it is you really want to accomplish.
One goal I’ve heard many entrepreneurs talking about is having their own info product.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about that. How great would it be to package your knowledge and expertise?
If that’s something you’ve been wanting to do then I have some great news for you!
My new course is “Build Your Product Empire” and it will be launching soon. Make the new year the year you will start helping others in a whole new way by offering your own products.
If you act now before the course launches you will get a really great deal! Click the image below for more details.
The main thing is to choose what is most important to you and focus on it. Take one goal at a time or else you can find your self burned out.
Once you’ve achieved the first goal the others will follow.
Click the image for more details.
What action will you take to reach your goals for the coming year?
Be Savvy and Successful!
Visit the course here: Build Your Product Empire
I’m Toni Nelson. My first business was started almost 30 years ago out of a desire to be home more for my daughter. Since that time I’ve helped others start and grow their business. Seeking to empower women I wrote my first book: Sexy, Savvy and Successful! – A Woman’s Guide On How To Start A Business, Gain Financial Freedom and Buy More Shoes! After reading my book people kept asking me what they needed to do next. How could they get training? That’s when I became the Founder of The Mine System Of Learning. I wanted to produce courses to help people gain or sharpen their skills so they could claim ownership of their business and say, “Yes! It’s MINE”!
My second book: The Secret Equation To Attracting More Clients – Marketing + P Factor + Video = $$$$ helps businesses find out what makes them different so they can stand out from the competition and attract more clients.
As an Award winning Videographer and Photographer I’ve been published in such places as DIY Bride, Kiss My Tule and the Florida Wedding Atlas. My video expertise has been featured on The American Express Open Forum.