by Elaine Slatter | Featured Contributor
Launch Your Business Online – Don’t Let Technology Hold You Back
Is your business still the best secret in your community? Now, more than ever, it’s time to change that and launch your business online. This new normal could well be the next normal for years to come. It is changing the way we work and live forever. Most business owners have thought about having an online presence but often the fear of the technology holds them back. We are going to give you some simple tips to get started.
Facebook and Instagram Business Page
This is the start of your online presence, even if you don’t have a website. Here are all the things you can do if you have a business page on these two platforms.
- Answer messages on your smart phone from customers who have questions
- Post your hours of business
- Post about new products and services
- Add pictures
- Post graphics that you make on the free, easy to use, Canva software
- Write about customer experiences
- Get reviews about your products
- Update customers on important notifications
- Allow your customers to post on your business page to get their involvement in product ideas and interact with them
- Post your events (event flyers can also be made for free on Canva)
- Advertise your products! (only business page owners can advertise on these two platforms)
Facebook and Instagram Shops
This is a brand new launch from facebook. It allows you to monetize your business (think jewelry) directly on your facebook page by having your own shop. Facebook connects you directly with the payment gateway (and takes a fee, of course) and voila you have an instant shop, without having your own website.
Why are online shops so important? The trend towards more online shopping is moving up. You may think it will fall flat after the pandemic is over, but buying trends could have changed forever. With large companies such as Twitter and Shopify changing to an at home work model for its employees, think of all the people working from home and ordering online for convenience!
Forbes Magazine says:
There’s been a 129% year-over-year growth in U.S. & Canadian e-commerce orders as of April 21 and an impressive 146% growth in all online retail orders
Google My Business
A free service by Google, makes it easy for your local business to be found on Google and Google Maps.
What else does a Google account do for your business?
- Allows you to engage with your customers
- Helps you stand out on Google ranking (even without a website)
- Create a free, basic website
- Post offers and updates
- Get customer reviews
- Post your business hours
- Gives your business a locator on Google search
- Add curbside pickup to your Google My Business page (new)
We had a great discussion about the future of business online with Hugh Reilly of That Channel just recently. Check it out. If you are still struggling to get your business online, we offer a free 30 minute consultation to understand your business and get you on the right track and we love helping women entrepreneurs! Check out the blog for how to write copy that converts here.