by Amanda Hoffmann | Featured Contributor
- Do you keep your personal and business spending completely separate
- Do you use online accounting for real time data & invoicing
- Do you have a budget and follow it
- Do you have financial goals and check your progress through the year
- Do you have a website & social media strategy?
“If you answered “NO” to any of the above, you are in denial and fooling yourself.”
You can ensure your business can be successful,by examining the following four points:
1. Admit that you have a problem
2. Get professional help
3. Embrace change
4. Implement and be consistent
You blame the economy, customers, government policy and lack of time?
In the end, your business success or failure is the result of only one person….yourself!
- Take time out of your business to analyse where your weaknesses are.
- Write your findings down, there is power in putting them to paper
- List each area and commit to fixing these issues with a dated deadline
Get a professional help to meet your deadlines
- Your accountant is a rich source that is often under utilized
- Research online about your weaknesses
- Ask yourself : Do I need a business coach, bookkeeper or virtual assistant?
- Once decided, set goals, time limits and implement with discipline
Learn to embrace change!
Let me ask you a question….when you need a mechanic, hair dresser or some other service do you google it?
Social media and online resources are here to stay. It is time to educate yourself about them and implement their strategies into your business. Social media will save you money in advertising; increase your profitability, and provide new opportunities. It is not as expensive as you think, much of what you need to learn, is found FREE on the internet.
Two of my favorite FREE online resources are:
www.jeffbullas.com (A fantastic Aussie Entrepreneur)
www.socialmediaexaminer.com (Everything you need to know about social media and MORE!)
Implement the advice and be consistent.
Realize the change will not occur overnight.
Over time you are going to notice that you are gaining more clients, increasing your cash flow and understanding what works in your business and what does not.
Other free resources can be found here:
Karen Gunton from Build a Little Biz http://buildalittlebiz.com/resource-centre/
Positively Peggy http://pegfitzpatrick.com/
Amanda Hoffmann – Sensational Entrepreneur, Bookkeeper Extraordinaire and loves Social Media
Hi, I’m Amanda Hoffmann and live in Brisbane, Australia. I am passionate about business and social media. I currently juggle being a mother of four school-aged children and run three businesses in completely different fields. While challenging, I believe they keep me thinking outside of the box. I have always loved being busy and I believe it is a mixture of my “can do” attitude and loving life that allows me to accomplish so much. Oh, not liking to sleep much certainly does help!
I started managing my first business over 18 years ago but sold it when I decided to start a family. I was unable to envision at the time how I could run a business and still be a dedicated mother. Since I now run three businesses and have a large family, I have found being organised and prioritising is the secret to success.
What are my businesses you might ask? My Office Books Virtual Bookkeeping, Kidd House Accommodation specialising in fully furnished accommodation for both students and professionals and Co-Founder of a new Social Media start-up called The Likeability Company helping SME’s get the most out of using social media and building communities.
I would like to share my experience in small business and answer any questions you might have regarding office organisation, cloud technology and share my experience in property investment.
I personally am fascinated by social media, particularly the fast pace of twitter and exploring the world of blogging. I invite you share my journey and get to know each other.