Influencer marketing is the latest development to shake up the digital marketing landscape. Once an experimental channel, it has grown exponentially in recent years, reaching $6.5 billion this year, and expected to reach $10 billion by 2020. Now a mainstay of marketing organizations, figuring out how to get the most out of it is the key to success.
Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and natural language processing (NLP) are changing the way brands do influencer marketing. AI-powered influencer marketing techniques help brands in three key areas: identifying the right creators, recommending influencer workflow steps, and creating more relevant content. As the digital world continues to expand, the real benefit of data science powering influencer marketing is its ability to take a lot of data into account.
Why Should Brands Use AI Influencers in Digital Marketing?
When it comes to AI Influencer Marketing, there are so many reasons why brands should use it, put here are the top four reasons.
Evaluate the influencer’s performance
One of the many uses of AI in influencer marketing is the evaluation of influencer performance. Using natural language processing (NLP), AI can predict how well an influencer will match a brand’s goals in any campaign. Marketers can use AI to analyze influencers’ personal information and compare the data to understand how effectively each influencer is working with brands.
Detect fake engagement and fraudulent influencers
According to the 2020 Marketing Benchmark Report, which surveyed 4,000 marketing agencies and brands, more than two-thirds of respondents have experienced influencer fraud. The difficulty in finding the right brand influencers is linked to the problem of fraudulent individuals using bots to increase their social media activity.
Identify and deliver relevant content
Another use of AI in influencer marketing is identifying and serving relevant content. AI can process and analyze the vast amounts of data that marketers need to assess the value of certain types of content. In addition, it can provide editorial content recommendations to marketers based on key findings against hundreds of source data, as well as estimates of content effectiveness relative to the content creator’s target audience.
Determining campaign ROI
AI can predict ROI through dynamic, targeted (individual) benchmarking and prediction. It also helps track each piece of content created as a result of your campaign and analyzes various engagement metrics.
AI Influencer Marketing Advantages
So, how does AI influence marketing work and why should you be paying attention to it?
Measure influencer performance: After identifying the right influencers for your campaign, the next obvious step is to measure their performance. With the help of artificial intelligence, measuring the performance of each influencer is not as big as it sounds. Using artificial intelligence, marketers can evaluate individual influencer posts and aggregate data to understand how specific influencers engage with brands. This gives marketers the ability to better understand the rise or fall of influencers’ influence on their audience.
Determining the incentives of influencers is another benefit offered by artificial intelligence, which can end up being quite vague. However, using artificial neural networks (ANNs) powered by artificial intelligence, influencer marketing systems can extract historical data from different influencers and predict the effective incentive level that will best encourage influencers to post. Plus, they can automatically provide this boost when the influencer is most likely to post.
Identify and deliver relevant content: Viewers are bombarded with tons of content every day. According to research, 95 million photos are posted on Instagram every day. In order not to get lost in the sea of information, brands need to capture the attention of potential customers by identifying the most relevant and meaningful content.
Last but not least is determining campaign ROI: AI influencer marketing allows you to focus on influencer performance, track every piece of campaign content and measure various engagement metrics. This further helps marketers calculate the actual ROI of a campaign and understand its impact on revenue.
Examples of AI Influencers Marketing
Across all the platforms that exist on the web, there are dozens of influencers, one more famous than the other. Many of them are willing to collaborate with big brands to express their thoughts and feelings. So, what is an ai influencer? Let’s look at a few examples to shed some light on this.
The most famous AI influencer today is Miquela Sousa, aka Lil Miquela, the exotic schoolgirl. Lila currently has over 3.1 million followers on Instagram and over a thousand posts. In less than a year, Miquela’s growth has attracted thousands of new followers.
In advertising, she is the most used CGI avatar for brands worldwide. She was the first virtual influencer to work on CGI-rendered advertising campaigns, impersonating a digital supermodel and a real supermodel.
Like the other virtual influencers, Bermuda has positioned herself as a robot woman. She is making history in the world of music. The truth is that her mission is to change the world by inspiring entrepreneurs to realize their dreams at the intersection of beauty and technology. She also encourages women to spend as much time as men in careers in robotics, engineering, and other fields.
Lil Wavi is another related “fake” AI influencer who has been prominent on the same platform since March 30, 2018. He seems laid back, the kind of guy who eats all your food and chases you, then comes back and asks. for money. He is known for his YouTube channel where he posts most of his content.
Tools Used for AI Influencers Marketing
The decision to invest in influencer marketing is a no-brainer. But if you don’t have the tools to help you, you’ll struggle to gain traction:
- Find influencers and build lasting relationships
- Reach out to bloggers and content creators you want to work with
- Follow conversations in your industry, including discussions about your brand and influencer marketing campaigns
- Create content and copy for your influencer outreach and target marketing campaigns
Here are 5 of the best influencer marketing tools for those needs.
BuzzSumo is one of the most popular influencer search tools available. It allows users to:
- See “important metrics” from millions of Twitter influencers, uncover competitor strategies, and see who’s promoting their content.
- Filter and identify creators based on their permissions
- Identify and analyze the best Facebook pages, including competitor pages
Awario is a brand monitoring tool that tracks mentions of your brand across the web and social media. Features include:
- Continuous monitoring (in any language or location) so you can see real-time mentions of your brand or selected keywords
- Boolean search that alerts only the most relevant mentions
- Awario offers lead generation and social selling
- An inbox that lets you sort conversations by reach so you can prioritize the most visible and impactful discussions
- Analytics including sentiment analysis and white label reporting
GroupHigh is a powerful content marketing tool that claims to have the largest and most accurate blog database in the world, invaluable for blog distribution. Features of GroupHigh:
- A powerful blog search engine that helps you find publishers who distribute their content widely and have the largest reach on their respective platforms
- Site research tool to discover a URL’s full social footprint, traffic, and over 40 different socials, SEO, blogging, and website metrics
- CRM to help you build influencer relationships
- Brand mention tracker, including mentions from your influencer marketing campaigns
Content and copywriting play an important role in any marketing strategy. Influencer marketing strategies are no exception. Jasper, an AI-powered writing tool, offers several templates to help you create all kinds of effective copy with just a few inputs about your topic. For example, use:
- A short social post template to create engaging content to support your social media marketing strategy
- A marketing angle and compelling bullet point template that you can write copy for your affiliate program landing page (or sell a product or service if you’re an affiliate or influencer yourself)
- An AIDA framework template where you can write compelling outreach messages to the influencers you want to work with
Hunter is essential if you want to manually create a list of influencers to contact. Or if you happen to come across content from a blogger or content creator who might be a good partner. With Hunter you can:
- Find author email addresses in seconds with the Hunter Chrome extension
- Use the domain search feature to find email addresses of people at a specific company, which is useful if you’re targeting company decision-makers rather than individuals.
- Confirm the email to make sure your message has been sent to the right person
AI Influencer Marketing Is Changing the Game
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is increasingly entering the influencer marketing industry. In the past, companies had to choose influencers based on numbers that only showed follower engagement, follower count, and potential placement. Those days are over.
But does AI influencer marketing work?
An AI-powered influencer marketing platform will help uncover real-world insights about target audiences and brands. A more scientific approach will improve campaign performance and help attract new customers. Features powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in finance and marketing provide accurate and transparent insights to effectively build reliable return on investment (ROI).
The future of influencer marketing will grow with artificial intelligence algorithms. The best results will be provided if a combination of different algorithms work in parallel with humans. This will ensure effective campaigns for brands.
Ghia Marnewick writes about eCommerce, retail, and digital marketing-related topics.for the digital marketing agency Aumcore, which specializes in generating the prime digital experience paired with a top-notch content marketing plan.