by Donna Amos | Featured Contributor
The video revolution has completely transformed how we consume content. Now, information is delivered in a visual, entertaining, and even interactive manner that engages users better than any other medium. Video is also a natural storytelling medium, making it both compelling and persuasive. These combined elements are why video advertising is so successful.
Let’s look at some facts:
- According to a Hubspot study, 96% of consumers between the ages of 18-34 watch videos several times throughout the week, and 75% of millennials watch at least one daily video.
- 64% of consumers claim that marketing videos have had an impact on their purchasing decision.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of video on Facebook and YouTube each week.
- 90% of video viewers say that product videos are helpful in the decision-making process.
- Videos are shared on social media 1200% more than images and text combined.
- 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound turned off.
- Videos in Instagram get twice the engagement of videos on other social platforms.
Statistics are from this link.
Using Video Marketing for Your Company
Of course, to be successful using video marketing, you will need to perform some preliminary work. Just creating and posting random videos will not bring leads pouring in. Use the following steps and linked resources to craft an overall approach to video marketing for your company.
- Research your target audience. Who is your target audience? What type of video content to they prefer? What social platform do they use most to consume video content? When are they most likely to be watching online video? What are the most effective types of video for reaching this demographic?
- Marketing Persona Worksheets
- Finding Your Target Audience for Video
- SproutSocial Tips for Social Media Video
- Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing on Social Media
- Outline a Plan for Sharing Video. What types of video will you use? What social platforms will you use to share your company videos? Will you need to craft specific videos for each platform? When is the best time to share video on these platforms? How often should you share video content? How often should you repeat the same video content? How much budget is available for paid video ads and promotion?
- Determine Who Will Create Your Videos. Do you need a professional media company? What types of video can your marketing team produce in-house? What do they need to produce quality videos? How much budget is available for creating custom videos? What is the best balance of video types for your company?
Popular Video Strategies for the Coming Year
As you formulate a plan for using video content in your company marketing, consider these types of video and how they fit into your overall plan. We give just a brief overview of each type.
Live streaming on social platforms is a free, no-frills, personal method of promoting your company messages. Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and YouTube Live all help users feel like they are being spoken to directly. This feeling of intimacy encourages engagement since they know that their questions or comments can be answered in real time.
You can use live videos to promote practically anything, including:
- New products
- Product demos
- Question and answer sessions, FAQs and SAQs (Should-Ask Questions)
These are a great way to start because they require no editing, special studios, or preproduction efforts or costs. Just go live with your phone and create great content.
A video podcast, or videocast, is simply just an audio podcast that you record on video. As popular as podcasts are today, an occasional videocast will allow viewers to see who they regularly hear, and observe the behind-the-scenes goings on while the podcast is being recorded. It’s a great way to make users feel more connected with your company spokespeople or podcast host.
Tutorials and explanatory videos are highly sought-after content (remember the stats from above). Many consumers search for how-to videos for DIY projects or using certain products. You should have a video tutorial for each of your products. Even if you only provide serves, some video tutorials explaining how you provide those services, especially in certain situations or for particular needs, can be great tools for users. These can be professionally produced, created in your own setting, or done over Live Streaming video.
IGTV and Vertical Videos
Users spend more time consuming video on smartphones than over tablets or desktop computers. This has led to the rise of vertically formatted videos and IGTV, Instagram’s TV-like channel for users and brands. Now, vertical videos can be viewed on Facebook and YouTube. Vertical videos are easier to watch on mobile devices, meaning that your video is more likely to be watched and remembered.
Shoppable videos allow consumers a direct way to make purchases and be redirected to product pages. On shoppable videos, users click on a hyperlink and go directly to the online shopping process. Every social media video should contain a shoppable link.
Testimonial videos are one of the strongest types of videos. They show past or current satisfied customers talking about their positive experience using your product or service. Honest personal feedback from a customer is stronger than anything you could say about your own company. Customer testimonials are usually between 30 seconds and two minutes long and can focus on one happy customer or several.
What kinds of video do you use in your company marketing? What level of success have you enjoyed through video marketing? Share your thoughts and insights with our readers in the comments below.
3 Replies to “Video Marketing Strategies for 2020 by @DONNAAMOS”
thanks for sharing this information with us and i’m glad to you for telling us about marketing strategy.
Digital Kool marketing services will help you improve you Business. Digital marketing, also knows as online marketing, is the advancement of brands to associate with potential clients utilizing the web and other shapes of digital communication. This incorporates not as it were e-mail, social media, and web-based promoting, but moreover content and interactive media messages as a marketing channel. A digital marketing methodology permits you to use diverse advanced channels–such as social media, search engine optimization, pay-per-click, and e-mail marketing–to interface with existing clients and people inquisitive about your products or administrations. As a result, you’ll construct a brand, give a awesome client involvement, bring in potential clients, and more.
Hey Donna, these are some interesting statistics that you have shared, it is a real eye-opener. The impact of video is significant when done right. So businesses really do need to get the basic rights, which is having a script, getting a VO artist and ensuring that the video is of high-quality. This will really help them to obtain their marketing objectives. Thank you for sharing these tips and tricks.
Hello Donna Amos,
I was really looking for a detailed step by step guide to do this because I was really confused about doing this.
Thanks a lot.
Keep posting good stuff. Cheers.