by Angie Ravenel
Through the years, I have taken on new ventures and professions; some more challenging than others. I am constantly learning new and innovative ways to becoming a better individual and entrepreneur. I know sometimes it can be challenging to get started on an idea or goal and even harder to see it come to life. There are certain tips that I have repeated over the years that has really worked for me. These tips is what I live by and I want to share them with you.
1. Always, always keep pen and paper around. You never know when your brain is going to kick into over drive and pour out ideas or solutions. There is nothing worse than not remembering what you thought of; especially when it was a rock solid thought. If you don’t have pen and paper around, use your phone to record yourself.
2. You have to find time to think. Nowadays, we are constantly moving around, running around and constantly being distracted. Those to blame may be your children, mobile phones and daily duties just to name a few. So, how do you stop and think? Most of my best ideas comes to me when I am in the shower. I allow my mind to open up and think. I also schedule time to think. I know it may sound silly, but it really works. During that time, I don’t have my phone, I’m sitting in a peaceful environment, and of course, I have my paper and pen at hand. I normally leave that scheduled appointment with great ideas or knowledge and I’m eager to make those ideas into reality.
3. Fill your mind with inspiration. I love to look through magazines, search on Pinterest and read bios of successful individuals. I try to be very careful of what I allow in. Meaning, I am careful of what I watch or listen to. If I’m not inspired or motivated by it in some kind of way, I normally don’t give it a lot of my time. With that being said, I surround myself with like minded individuals as well.
4. I always give this tip to individuals who are just getting started. You got to be consistent. Everyday, do something towards your goal or project. Don’t let a day go by without working your plan. It could be just thirty minutes of research, making phone calls etc. If you commit time everyday towards your goal, you will complete it.
5. Last, but certainly not least, save the date. Set a date when you will have your idea or project completed. This way, you will work harder and do what is necessary to have your goal completed by your deadline. I know unexpected things may occur that may cause you to miss your deadline, but don’t get discouraged. When you don’t set a date of completion you allow time to pass; what should of been a one year goal has now turned into a five year goal and so on. Be accountable of your goals.
Keep pushing forward. You have to put time, thought and energy in anything you really want in life. When its all done, you will be proud to put your signature on it. Let’s go!
Hello, I’m Angie Ravenel, a Charleston, SC native. I am a salon owner, makeup artist, photographer, author and most recent a hair product entrepreneur. My product Quick Clean Hair Mist is now available on Walmart.com. I ‘m also an educator of cosmetology. I teach fellow hairstylist new techniques for license renewals.
I’ve traveled the states working with Revlon and I still stand countless hours behind the salon chair. I have over twenty years experience as a hairstylist and seventeen years as salon owner.
I’ve also video blogged on You Tube. My most recent blogs are posted on my website aravenel.com.