by John Parrott
Mindfulness has become a bit of a buzzword over the last few years.
But just what does being mindful mean and how does it work?
In this guide, you’ll learn why being mindful matters and how to practice it.
So What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of being consciously aware in the present moment, without judging your experience.
You see, we’re often worried about what could happen tomorrow – or ruminating on problems from the past.
By being ‘mindful’, we can enjoy every moment in the here and now.
What Are The Benefits Of Mindfulness?
So let’s look at some of the benefits of mindfulness:
- It can help improve our self-awareness
- It’s a skill that almost anyone can develop
- Mindfulness can create an inner sense of peace and calm
- Being mindful helps us reconnect with others – who we might usually take for granted
- Increased confidence and levels of self-esteem
- Enhanced levels of energy and productivity
- More compassion for the people around us and for ourselves
Note: Looking for the scientific evidence? Then check out these research based studies on mindfulness.
How Can I Practice Mindfulness?
If you’re looking for some easy exercises, check out these five mindfulness trainings.
But before you begin, I’d recommend starting off slow.
Mindfulness requires patience and practice – it’s not something we can master overnight.
So take your time and enjoy the experience.
Useful Resources For Practicing Meditation
- Meditation Manifestation: Everything You Need To Know
- Merkaba Meditation: Everything You Need To Know!
- Spiritual Meditation: The Ultimate Guide To Spiritual Meditation
- Taoist Meditation: 8 Taoist Meditation Techniques For Inspiration And Inner Peace
- Tummo Meditation: Everything You Need To Know About Tibetan Tummo Meditation
John runs Relax Like A Boss, a blog that teaches people how to reduce stress and relax in a busy world. His passion is helping and inspiring others to beat stress and live a healthier, happier lifestyle.
Melissa Stewart is the founder of SheOwnsIt.com. She is a Purveyor of Possibility, Entrepreneur Advocate and Coffee Addict. She believes that behind every successful woman is her story. What’s your story?