by Marianne D’Alessandro
This being the final blog in the 6-part Keep Calm presentation skills series, I thought we should wrap it all up. We talked about calming the nerves, getting to the point, dealing with nervousness, making it about YOU, and think SEO.
Think of your presentation as a gift – a gift you are giving your audience. And when you give a gift, there are many elements in that gift.
1. You thought about it and selected something just for them.
2. You packaged it nicely.
3. You handed it to them with excitement.
4. And you enjoyed seeing their smiling face as they opened it.
This is what you want to do with your audience.
· Prepare a presentation for your audience. Customize to the needs or the request.
· Use an organized format to present it.
· Get them excited and keep them interested by using personal stories.
· And when it’s all said and done, they’ll be inspired and you’ll feel awesome.
Everyone can give a great presentation. It takes a bit of effort and sometimes a bit of courage. Give the gift of your experiences, your stories, and you’ll always be successful.
If you haven’t had a chance to read the previous blogs, you can find them here.
This Keep Calm series was for you and I hope you enjoyed it. I’d love your feedback.
Marianne D’Alessandro is the owner and virtual assistant for TimeFlies-Admin Services. She takes her extensive 30+ years as an executive assistant in the corporate world and transfers t into virtual support for small to medium size business owners. Marianne’s business motto: Use my time not yours!
Marianne’s desire to support, help and volunteer has her instructing with CLC Canada – offering courses which promote confidence in public speaking and serving on the Board of Directors of Food4Kids Hamilton Halton, an organization focused on helping to eliminate child hunger in our community.
She loves giving presentations, being the organizer and right-hand person to her clients, and keeping it fun. There’s always a way to get things done and still have fun and balance in your life. Marianne offers a free TIME chat session because there’s always a way to find a bit of extra time in your day or week.