We all experience some form of anxiety when we are pressed to get things done. Unfortunately I experience this on a weekly basis and learned some wonderful techniques to help me relax at work.
- Is the first thing I do when I wake up. I was fortunate enough to have parents who took us all to TM Classes. It has been a life saver. Each morning I sit down either on bed or a chair for 20 minutes. I meditate letting positive or negative thoughts flow naturally in my mind. There are lots of great books out there that have some great techniques for meditating. As long as you do one form each morning its a good way to start the day.
- I run a medical practice for my husband, I’m building a home and have my own decor blog. All in those order. So the medical practice pays our bills so I can build a home. By prioritizing I able to set some time aside to do the things that I love such as decorating and writing about it.
3. Time Management.
- The best way to find time is to your manage your time effectively. If you are needing to get into the office early . Don’t waste valuable time checking your social media for personal use. When social media first came out it was a great way to communicate with families and friends but its very addicting. Save that time to connect with friends or family at lunch or coffee breaks. Using your minutes wisely will save countless minutes to help manage your business with ease. Give it a try you be surprised how it works.
4. Benefits of Lavender.
- This herbal remedy is effective for anxiety. I love lavender and all its benefits. Taking a wet cool wash cloth that has lavender oil on it and place it on your face. Its very soothing and it alleviates stress. I keep these items close to me at work. Its great smelling so thats another great benefit. 🙂
5. Set a Schedule.
- I don’t know how many times I tell my kids to set a schedule and stick to it! Easier said then done! Its easy to get off track and we are all guilty of it. But the benefits of sticking to that schedule on paper will make you a happier person. You can accomplish so much knowing that you have 30 minute set aside to go the pharmacy or meet a friend for coffee or even check your social media. 🙂
6. Eating healthy and fun.
- I don’t know about you but If I drink to much caffeine I get jittery and can’t communicate effectively. So I start my day with a glass of orange juice and later on if I am feeling tired I stop by the local cafe and get a half caffeinated coffee. Its the perfect blend to give me that pick me up I need. If you suffer from to much coffee try cutting back and drinking more fresh juices or half caffeniated drink. Researches have said that too much caffeine can cause the following insomnia, restlessness, headaches, anxiety, irritability, and nervousness.
7. Surround your self with positive people.
- Ever have lunch with a friend and it turns out to be a really stressful conversation about her life and how unhappy she is. Sorry to here that! But those days are forever gone for me. Yep I was a gossip queen and I found that I was getting myself into everyones problems and causing unnecessary anxiety for myself. When I meet up with a friend these days I gear my conversation toward fun talk about trips to Italy or my latest finds at the antique store. That way both of us can have a pleasant and positive conversation and it may help someone who is having a bad day.
8. Yoga and Massage
- Since all the stresses of every day life I am determined to do find relief as naturally as possible. Taking up a Yoga class once a week is all you need and found that its the perfect balance with a busy schedule. I don’t really have the time to do more and in this case less is more! If you can find 60 minutes a week for either a massage or yoga class it will be the best form of stress reliever.
- Develop you own Zen like schedule if you are juggling to much and I can pretty much guarantee you will feel great.
Hey my name is Maria Brittis. I’m from Coastal South Carolina area. Being a mom, wife and running a successful medical practice has not been an easy task. But I enjoy the challenge. To keep things balance in life.. I do things that I feel passionate about and that is decorating and DIY.. I love decorating with nature inspired ideas and writing about it in my Blog…. Nature is a big part of who I am and it has given me a sense of peace in life when things are crazy! I walk daily a few miles a day and its the most inspiring way to get ideas for projects . I started decorating and doing DIY’s at a very young age, mainly because my mom was very talented crafty lady who inspired me to decorate and make crafty projects.
23 years ago when my husband and I was trying to sell a home in a bad economy I saw this article about staging a home and decided to stage my home to what I thought people would like. Keeping the decor simple and adding crafty inspired projects which created a WOW factor got people talking and it sold our home. Since then we have successfully bought and sold numerous homes and it has been great fun. If you have any questions about DIY ideas for the home, design/build or staging home. I would be more than happy to answer any questions.