Learn the 5 types of foods to eat and which ones to avoid for optimal health.
More than 34.2 million people have diabetes (10.5% of the U.S. population), and it is the leading cause of premature deaths. Improperly managed, diabetes can lead to a number of health issues. There is a strong association between acidosis and diabetes. Consumption of acidic food has been associated with a multitude of diseases to include inflammatory diseases and cancers. Paying closer attention to food choices, such as decreasing the intake of sodas, refined food, fast food, and regularly ingesting more fruits and vegetables (alkaline diet) will lead to significant effects on overall health. Properly managing daily nutrition can drastically reduce the risk of diabetes as well as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and cancers.
Diabetes & Wellness
Diabetes is a highly complex and dangerous disease that is heavily reliant on the daily intake of food choices. Dr. Nooristani strongly believes that proper diet and nutrition can help to safeguard against this devastating disease. Minor changes in everyday lifestyle and eating behaviors have a tremendous impact in the body’s internal system. Even with intermittent diets and caloric reduction, these risks can be substantially decreased.
Overall, keeping an eye on the level of consumption for each of the food groups is an integral start to monitoring how nutrition can impact overall health and how achieve better mindfulness each day. Here’s a general guideline for the foods to ingest and those to minimize.
- High in unsaturated fatty acids
- Daily consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Low-fat dairy products and whole grains
- Low consumption of fish and poultry
- Daily consumption of tree nuts, legumes
- Extremely small consumption of red meat
Recommended Daily Intake:
Take a closer look at CFO of Balance7™, Dr. Ahmad Nooristani’s recommendations on which foods to choose and the ones to lose to elevate health, longevity, wellness, and overall pH balance. Dr. Nooristani advises these top priority foods to consume daily:
- Leafy Greens: Not only are they low in calories but are also packed with good sources of many vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, C, D, E, K, and much more. They are also low in digestible carbohydrates.
- Avocados: A great choice for pre-diabetes, diabetic patients and for everyone in general. Avocados have a low sugar content, high fiber, and most importantly, it has healthy fats. They also contain essential vitamins C, E, K, and B6, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids and much more.
- Eggs: This food plays a role in insulin sensitivity, is low in carbohydrate and high in good cholesterol (HDL). Eggs are also enriched with vitamins C, D, B12, and B2 iron, magnesium, folate, and antioxidants.
- Beans: Extremely nutritious, as it is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. Beans also offer much needed vitamins B1, B6, C, E, and K, iron, and much more.
- Nuts: These are high in fiber and low in carbohydrates. They also contain vitamins B and C, iron and magnesium.
If good nutrition is the mission, eating quality food is just as important as being aware of the foods to avoid or minimize as much as possible. Dr. Nooristani urges a significant reduction of these 5 foods.
- Sugary Drinks: They are all bad and should be avoided as much as possible. Some examples include: sodas, energy drinks, and sweetened or unsweetened fruit juices.
- Alcoholic Beverages: Maybe reduce to one-two drink per day.
- Meats: Decrease the consumption as much as possible.
- White Bread and Pastas: They will significantly increase blood sugar levels.
- Sweetened Breakfast Cereals: Despite health claims, most cereals are highly processed and contains tons of carbohydrates.
There are thousands, if not millions, of people struggling for years with low energy levels, exhaustion, and general feelings of poor health. Natural and effective changes as mentioned above can help you jumpstart your journey towards great health again.
Parul Agrawal is the Modern Business Growth Strategist, an Engineer by education and an Entrepreneur by passion. She is a Golden Book World Record Holder Hybrid Publisher, International Bestselling Author, TEDx speaker, contributor for publications like Forbes & Entrepreneur Magazine. She is founder and CEO of ParulAgrawal.com, a cutting-edge business consulting and international publishing platform, a company built to empower authentic leadership on the planet. Follow her at www.parulagrawal.com.