by Elaine Slatter
Yes, it’s time to take care of your health, right now! As entrepreneurs we are all guilty of taking care of everyone else, but not taking care of ourselves. In this post we explain how to take your health to the next level.
Both have different, but equally compelling stories about their own health and what led them to coach and encourage women to take care of their own health.
Their takeaways are:
- Everyone is different. Body shapes, and metabolisms vary, so the latest “diet” may not be good for you.
- It’s important to listen to your own body’s signal of when you need to eat and what it needs to stay healthy.
- If your partner is a “snacker” on chips, dip and pop, while watching TV, you might need to escape so you are not tempted. (her recommendations, change rooms, read a book, go to sleep or have a fridge stocked with healthy snacks)
- It takes a while to get into healthy habits so bootcamps can help you get on the right path.
Antonietta had a 20% risk of dying because of excessive weight gain and diabetes. How did she lose 141 lbs and kick diabetes to the curb?
- It was Antonietta’s friends who got her on track. Severely depressed from a toxic relationship, Antonietta only responded when she thought she was helping friends out by accompanying them on walks or to the gym.
- Her friends were smart enough to realize they had to change the narrative to get Antonietta to respond.
- After a while, Antonietta was able to self-motivate herself by joining Weight Watchers (now WW) and becoming certified as a group fitness coach
- She recognized that it was a tribe of people in her own community that was her best support. Ordinary people, just like Antonietta.
We recently had a discussion on our Fabulous Fempreneurship podcast series with both Amanda and Antonietta.
Check out the links to the podcasts and see if any of their recommendations would help give you pointers on how to take your health to the next level.