by Anu Bhatnagar
As a business owner, your life is all about smart decisions and making the most of the resources on daily basis. Are are you taking that one very simple, profound decision that can transform your health and wellbeing?
The decision to have a well balanced breakfast on regular basis – how about it?
Breakfast – yes, this simple step can be an anchor of your well-being and better health.
Health studies have time and again pointed out that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In the next 400 words, I share why and how you can make it a part of your life.
Six benefits for a winning start:
- Fuel the brain and start with optimal performance, including better thinking and more clarity.
- Give your body a signal to regulate vital functions and reduce cravings.
- Helps balance your hormones and prevents sudden drips in energy throughout the day.
- You can stay on track with weight and fitness goals. Science says we consume lesser fats, eat more fruit and vegetables and have higher daily fiber intake after a breakfast.
- Lower tendencies to eat junk food.
- Better cardiovascular health is a result of overall good lifestyle habits including regular breakfast, moderate exercise and sleep.
But where is the time – the I – am – too – busy struggle is real.
Yes, you are busy, you have 100s of tasks to check and you are running an entire brand on your own. However only ten minutes a day or less for your self-care is a very good decision.
I will make it easier for you to make it an enjoyable and easy experience!
No-excuse Breakfast under 5 minutes!
- A fruit and green smoothie is a winner. All you need is a cup of milk, yogurt or coconut water plus a handful of spinach, some fruits and your breakfast is ready in less than three minutes.
- Yogurt and fruits is well balanced combination of whatever fruits you have. Pick out of full fat, low fat or any variation and simply layer with a mix of fruits of your choice. Strawberries, blueberries, banana, apples are all great choices.
- The power of dry fruits is unmatched. Dry fruits are nutrition dense foods which mean a handful is enough to add good value. Almonds, walnuts, dates and raisins with yogurt or a glass of milk or coconut water and you are set.
- If you can plan in advance then use oats and quinoa, fruits, milk, and any number of ingredients to make simple, creative and filling breakfast bowls
Not a sweet person? Try savory breakfast that can be ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Boiled eggs salad with simple toppings of diced tomatoes or salt and pepper.
- A multigrain toast with scrambled eggs is a perfect choice. You get bonus points for adding greens to your eggs.
- A savory muffin is an easy filling choice and there are ample organic varieties and if you are a baker yourself then you can choose n number of veggies that can go in it.
With ten minutes of planning, better shopping and quick adaptation, anyone can start having a well balanced breakfast. Anyone, including very busy entrepreneurs like you!
I am a Catalyst of Change in essence!
I use my writing to inspire, encourage and engage with my readers. A gender equity and menstrual health advocate, I am an independent publicity advisor and community engagement director.
I create powerful messaging, stories and content to help organisations communicate. I work with non profit organisations to maximize their reach and influence.